Our favourite source of recipes is Meat and Livestock's Beef and Lamb website. A recent recipe we tried was
KOREAN STYLE BEEF.
The delicious beef and veggies in this stir-fry add up to a great dish. We used pre-cut beef stir-fry strips, but it’s easy to slice your own, use beef rump or rib eye/scotch fillet.
500 g beef strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp sugar
¼ cup sherry
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp oil
200 g snow peas, halved
200 g sugar snap peas
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
4 spring onions, finely sliced
1 small red chilli, sliced
steamed rice to serve
- 1. Combine the beef strips with garlic, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, sherry and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain the beef strips, retaining the marinade. Coat the drained beef with half of the oil.
- 2. Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Stir-fry the beef strips in 3 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- 3. Reheat the wok, add remaining oil and heat. Add the snow peas and sugar snap peas, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 4. Return the beef to the wok with reserved marinade, toss for 1 minute, toss to combine..
- Add sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli. Serve immediately.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with steamed rice.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying so meat has a chance to sear and become brown. This gives the meat great colour and flavour.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: Use beef stir-fry strips or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.